This is definitely a great opportunity for any young person interested in taking their creative ideas from concept to reality. Philadelphia based The Institute of Hip Hop Entrepreneurship has a great program starting in November 2016. Applications are available now until September 1st, 2016.
WHAT IS IHHE
The Institute of Hip Hop Entrepreneurship (IHHE) uses the ethos of Hip Hop to connect nontraditional, ambitious young
entrepreneurs with the resources, knowledge, and contacts needed to take their ideas from concept to reality. IHHE engages young people with talent and ambition, who are oftentimes overlooked or ignored by the institutions traditionally used for success. This is about bringing those resources to them.
The 9-month program will recruit a group of promising Philadelphians between the ages of 18 and 32 to participate in a course designed and taught by renowned creative professionals, business people, technologists, and musicians. Each weekend long
session will focus on a new aspect of building a business, from business proposals and marketing plans, to staffing and finding funding. Throughout the duration of the institute, students will engage in group work and team projects, compete in friendly competitions, and ultimately pitch their businesses to investors in the final session to make their venture a reality.
– 9-month curriculum
– Tuition is free
– Intensive in-class session 1 weekend per month, with alternative work session weekends.
– Different professor for each session; a blend of academia and hip hop luminaries.
– Coursework includes brainstorming, fiscal responsibility, social impact, creating a business plan, etc.
– Program uses the culture and spirit of Hip Hop to frame experience and curriculum — this is not about finding emcees or aspiring record label executives.
Program begins November 1st, 2016
– Men and women from Philadelphia Metro Area between ages of 18-32
– Ambitious, under served young people from nontraditional backgrounds
Applications submitted here
Applications accepted May 30th – September 1st
More information at ihhe.org and @theIHHE